At Moore Stephens Greece, we value your contribution and help you unveil your potential, in an all-inclusive and friendly environment. We are currently looking for talented and enthusiastic graduates to support our audit and assurance teams as assistant auditors.
Assistant auditor responsibilities :
To make a valuable contribution in the team’s objectives by actively participating in planning and performing financial audits.
Assistant auditor everyday duties :
- Contributes in planning of financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, processes, internal controls, and external regulations, identifying risk areas, preparing audit scope and objectives; preparing audit programs.
- Contributes in the assessment of compliance with financial regulations and controls by executing audit program steps; testing general ledger, account balances, balance sheets, income statements, and related financial statements; examining and analyzing records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Assesses risks and internal controls by identifying areas of non-compliance; evaluating manual and automated financial processes; identifying process weaknesses and inefficiencies and operational issues.
- Substantiates the value of assets and liabilities by comparing and analyzing items and collateral to documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Communicates audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings; highlighting unresolved issues; reviewing working papers; preparing final audit reports.
- Improves protection by recommending changes in management monitoring, assessment, and motivational practices, in the internal control structure, and in operating processes; identifying root causes.
- Supports the team by coordinating information requirements.
- Provides financial control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's reputation by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Contributes to team results by welcoming new and different work requirements; exploring new opportunities to add value to the organization; helping others accomplish related job results as and where needed.
What we are looking for :
- University Degree (Greece or EU) in accounting, economics, finance or management. Candidates with post-graduate degrees in Accountancy or other relevant Professional Qualifications (ACCA, ACA, EKPA) will be considered in priority.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Computer literacy
- Team spirit and collaboration
- Fresh ideas and enthusiasm
What we offer:
- Interesting and rewarding work in a friendly and inclusive environment
- Excellent learning and development prospects
- A desirable and visible career path
- Competitive remuneration